The new version of Aircontrol may still be in beta, but it as vast improvement over the original Aircontrol. One of the best features of the software is the fact that it runs natively on linux. Here is a step by step tutorial on getting it running on Ubuntu:
1. Log in to your Ubuntu server and switch to a root user.
2. Update your apt-get resources:
3. Download the Aircontrol 2 Beta *.deb file. You should register on the Ubiquiti beta forums to make sure you get the latest version.:
3.Install the *.deb file using dpkg:
dpkg -i aircontrol-v2.0-Beta14.1129.150619.1740-ubuntu.deb
4. Run apt-get to fix missing dependencies
apt-get install -f
5. On the "Installation Type" screen, select "Server" and select "OK"
6. Configure a Username
7. Configure a Password
8. Set the port (I leave it as is)
9. Configure the service to start automatically
10. Verify that Aircontrol 2 is running by navigating to http://server-ip:9081
You should see a message saying: Welcome to Ubiquit Aircontrol 2
That's it. You should now be able to connect using the Aircontrol Client on your PC!